Food Bank.


We provide both single and family food parcels. 


Office and Social Services:

Level 1
207 Riddiford Street
Wellington 6021


Opening hours

Monday - Friday
9am - 4pm



04 389 7122

What should i bring when accessing a food parcel?

  • A form of photo I.D.

  • Decline letter from Work and Income showing that no food grant is available and a breakdown of the Work and Income benefit received.

  • Income details.

  • A bank statement with your last transactions.

  • If applicable, a copy of your budgeting sheet prepared by a qualified budgeter.

If you do not have any of the above documents, come in anyway and chat to our team to discuss other options.


What can i expect when i go to the Vinnies Welfare office?

When you visit our Newtown office, a Vinnies staff member will do a short assessment to clarify your current situation.

This assessment is also an opportunity to find out if any of our other services could help improve your situation.

If this is your first time accessing assistance from Vinnies Wellington, you will be given the following form to fill out.

If on-going support is necessary we will suggest booking an appointment with our Social Worker. 

Providing basic food parcels for families and individuals who are in immediate or long term need of assistance.