Young Vinnies is the youth arm of the Saint Vincent de Paul Society. It is a platform to support our younger generation in their work to combat and understand the many Social Justice issues they see within their communities.
The Vinnies Youth Co-ordinator works alongside school teachers to promote and foster the values of Service, Aroha, compassion and Empathy.
Wellington Regional Youth Co-ordinator
Ann also covers the wider Wellington Region schools:
- St Patrick's College, Silverstream
St Bernard's College, Lower Hutt
Sacred Heart College, Lower Hutt
- Bishop Viard College, Porirua
- Chanel College, Masterton
starting a young vinnies:
Interested in setting up a Young Vinnies in your school?
Young Adults Co-ordinator
What do young vinnies do?
- Organise appeals and collections within their school. e.g. easter eggs, food drive, Christmas present appeal.
- Support Vinnies events.
- Volunteer at and support Vinnies services.
- Learn about and discuss social issues they see within their communities.
- Vinnies Lounge - this is an after school programme where secondary students mentor primary school students, helping with homework and creating positive relationships.
- Visitations at Vincentian Home and Hospital.
Keep up to date with Young Vinnies activities: